Modern lifestyle keeps you busy and engaged in work such as computers, desktop activities, driving etc wherein you tend to work in same position for a long time. It is very important that you maintain correct posture. Bad posture will add strain to muscles and put stress on the spine. Over the time, poor posture will change the anatomical characteristics of the spine, leading to constricted blood vessels and nerves, as well as problems with muscles, discs and joints. All of these can be major contributors to back and neck pain, as well as headaches, fatigue, and possibly even concerns with major organs and breathing.
Correct Sitting posture tips
- Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest, if they don’t reach the floor.
- Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
- Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
Correct Standing Posture tips
- Bear your weight primarily on the balls of your feet.
- Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Keep your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Tuck your stomach in.