Steam (Sauna) bath is an ancient type of bath which was popular with the ancient Greeks and Romans. It comprises exposing your body to steam at a tolerable temperature.Generally one spends not more than 20-30 minutes in the steam bath. You can get this facility at your health club or enjoy the same at home through steam bath equipment easily available nowadays at affordable prices. It imparts multiple health benefits and makes your mind immensely calm.
- Blood vessels become flexible and there is increased circulation resulting in glowing healthy skin.
- Sauna provides a cardiovascular workout and helps condition the heart.
- Sauna heat puts the body into an artificial fever state. This “fake fever” stimulates the immune system with the result that growth of bacteria and virus is forced to slow down.
- Loosens tight muscles after a hard workout.
- Makes you feel rejuvenated and have increased energy levels.
- Helps many get a more restful sleep.