“The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” is a best seller book published in 1989.
The author, Stephen Covey tells you how to attain goals. According to Covey, values govern people’s behavior. But principles ultimately determine the consequences. Covey presents his teachings in a series of habits which manifest in various ways.
Here are the 7 Habits that he mentions in his book
- Be Proactive: Talks about Circle of Influence and Circle of Concern
- Begin with the end in mind: Envision what you want in the future
- Put first things first: Talks about difference between Leadership and Management
- Think win-win: Value and respect people by understanding a “win” for all
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood: Use empathetic listening
- Synergize: Combine the strengths of people through positive teamwork
- Sharpen the Saw: Balance and renew your resources, energy, and health
Finally, Covey also mentions the 8th habit – Find your voice and inspire others to find theirs.
We strongly recommend you to read this self help book.