Taking adequate sleep in terms of quality and quantity is very important to alleviate stress. If you are deprived of sleep or having disturbed sleep, then your mind and body will not attain the required state of complete rest. This will cause frayed nerves and will result in stress. Ensure that you get enough sleep.
Follow the below points to get good quality sleep.
- Ensure that your bed, pillow, mattress and room are very comfortable.
- Try to sleep early and get up early as this matches with our natural biological rhythm of the human body.
- Sleeping between 10 pm to 4 am is naturally conducive for deep sleep.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeine and heavy meal in the evening.
- Avoid watching TV or movie before going to bed.
- Listen to soothing music
- Have relaxing herbal tea like chamomile tea.
- Avoid drinking lot of water before going to bed as you might have to get up from sleep for loo break.
- Do mantra chanting or visualization of good events before sleeping.
Good night and good bye to stress !