If you are a information technology professional and planning to make a successful career in this field, then you should strongly consider the following 5 professional certifications. You need not do all of them, but surely should do at least 2 of them and as relevant to your specific area. These certifications are globally recognised and are given high weightage by employers.
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT): People with this skill are experts in managing, advising and providing assurance services regarding enterprise IT Governance. You can play many roles in the company such as Risk Management Officer, IT Risk Leader and Assistant IT Controller. Demand for people with this skill is high and they are played lucratively.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate: This certification endorses your skill on designing systems on AWS. People with hands-on experience with AWS services and architecting large -scale distributed systems should certainly go for this.
- Project Management Professional (PMP): It is one of the most recognised Project Management Certification in the industry. It endorses your competence in managing projects and project teams. The exam covers five specific areas namely initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling and closing the project. You need to have practical experience in project management and 35 hours of required training to qualify for taking the exam.
- AWS Certified Developer- Associate: This skill validates your technical experience in developing and maintaining applications on the Amazon Web Services platform. You will be tested on your judgment in choosing the right AWS services for apps, mastery of the platform’s software development skills (SDKs) and knowledge in code-level application security.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional ( CISSP): If you work in analysis, auditing, systems engineering or anything in between, then the CISSP certification is a very good option for you. It is meant for information assurance professionals responsible for determining the architecture, management, design and controls that ensure the security of your company. It is required to have at least 5 years of experience for taking this exam.