Vegan food is key to good health. If you are vegan and craving for cheese, then don’t worry. Indulge into this wondrous vegan cheese delight which you can make yourself. Below is video on simple, wonderful smoked cashew cheese recipe. You can actually slice, grate or melt it as per your needs. It is full of flavour, protein, B12 and is bursting with nutrition. Other people describe this cheese as creamy, nutty, sweet and very moreish!
- – 1 cup / 150g Cashews
- – ½ cup / 40g Nutritional yeast
- – 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- – 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- – 1 tbsp Agar agar powder
- – 1 clove of Garlic
- – 1 Lemon juiced
- – ¼ tsp Turmeric
- – ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- – 1½ cups / 350ml Water
- – a pinch of Salt Method
- Place half the water and everything else apart from the agar agar into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a pan put in the remaining half of the water and the agar agar.
- Simmer for 5 mins stirring constantly.
- Make sure no lumps of agar agar form at the bottom.
- Take off the heat and stir in the cashew mixture until combined.
- Pour into a mould and then chill for 2 hours.
- Enjoy within 3 days and keep chilled.