Chamomile tea is made from dried Chamomile flowers. It is a popular variety of tea and it provides multiple benefits. Its health benefits include sleep regulation, improved immunity, better digestion, clear skin, lower stress levels and soothing of menstrual cramps.
Chamomile flowers have strong concentrations of beneficial compounds and nutrients that pass on to the drinker of its tea. The tea has a mild taste and fragrance and it is quite relaxing experience to enjoy it in evening after a hard day’s work. Chamomile tea has antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It has powerful antioxidants that provide significant benefits to the human body.
To make chamomile tea, the flowers are dried and then infused into hot water. It is that simple to make ! Many people enjoy chamomile tea as a caffeine-free alternative to black or green tea and for its earthy, somewhat sweet taste.
Chamomile tea was used by the Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians as a liniment for wounds to expedite healing. It has been linked to calm muscle spasms, prevent bacterial viruses, and cure cuts and burns.
Following are the details of benefits it imparts:
- Promotes Sleep and Treats Insomnia : Chamomile tea relaxes nerves and soothes the nervous system, therefore helping you sleep better. It lacks the addition of caffeine, and is best consumed before sleeping.
- Boosts Immunity :Chamomile tea will not only kick illnesses to the curb, but also work as a great preventive measure. Chamomile tea fights harmful bacteria, and has the ability to boost your immune system
- Treats Cold : Chamomile tea helps in curing common cold. You can also inhale steam from Chamomile tea to ease nasal congestion, a runny nose and sore throat. Drinking a hot cup of chamomile tea can help prevent cold.
- Reduces Muscle Spasms and Period Pain: Chamomile tea has pain-relieving and antispasmodic properties. It relaxes the uterus and decreases the production of prostaglandins (hormone-like substances that cause inflammation and pain).
- Soothes Stomach Ache : Chamomile tea acts as a digestive relaxant and has been used to treat various gastrointestinal disturbances including flatulence, indigestion, diarrhea, anorexia, motion sickness, nausea and vomiting.
- Treats Cuts, Wound and Skin Conditions : Chamomile tea has been used by the Romans, Greeks and Egyptians to treat wounds and promote healing? This is because Chamomile plant has anti inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It also heals skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Reduces Stress: Chamomile tea is a gentle relaxant and acts as an effective natural sedative, thereby reducing stress.
- Lightens Skin : Sipping into hot chamomile tea could do wonders for your skin too! This magic potion can be used as a natural skin bleach. Chamomile tea is packed with antioxidants which helps boost your skin health. It lightens the complexion and also gives you that glow you’ve always wanted.
- Reduces Acne : Chamomile tea could help end your war with frequent acne break out too. Chamomile tea helps fade spots, eliminate acne scars and fight breakouts, if used topically, due to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Anti-Ageing: Chamomile tea is a powerhouse of antioxidants and protects the skin from free-radical damage. It accelerates cell and tissue regeneration, helps tighten the pores and slows down the ageing process.
- Treats Sunburn : The harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun can cause various problems for your skin. Chamomile tea is known for its antioxidant, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. You can brew the tea, chill it thoroughly, soak a towel in it and then apply to the sunburned area.
- Reduces Under-Eye Dark Circles :Never throw away Chamomile tea bags after using them, and refrigerate them instead. You can place the chilled tea bag over your eyes (especially after doing an eye massage) to lighten the eye area dramatically and reduce puffiness. You will find an instant difference in the way your eyes look and feel.
- Gets Rid of Dandruff :Chamomile tea helps eliminate and prevent dandruff, soothe scalp irritation and promote healthy healthy. You can use it as a final rinse after washing your hair. It’s that simple!
Chamomile is easily available in market and online. Start consuming Chamomile tea from today and see the benefits yourself.